We are dealing with a "diabolic hand" : Arch.Lefebvre

Admin

Administrator

“But the Church against her past and her Tradition is not the Catholic Church; this is why being excommunicated by a liberal, ecumenical, and revolutionary Church is a matter of indifference to us.” (Biography of Marcel Lefebvre, p.547)

“If one day they shall excommunicate us because we remain faithful to these theses we shall consider ourselves excommunicated by Freemasonry.” (Archbishop Lefebvre, sermon given in 1978)

“We know now with whom we have to deal. We know perfectly well that we are dealing with a ‘diabolical hand’ which is located at Rome, and which is demanding, by obedience, the destruction of the Church! And this is why we have the right and the duty to refuse this obedience... I believe that I have the right to ask these gentlemen who present themselves in offices which were occupied by Cardinals... “Are you with the Catholic Church?” “Are you the Catholic Church?” “With whom am I dealing?” If I am dealing with someone who has a pact with Masonry, have I the right to speak with such a person? Have I the duty to listen to them and to obey them?”
(1978 ordinations sermon at Écône, quote in Apologia pro Marcel Lefebvre Vol.2 p.209)

“I should be very happy to be excommunicated from this Conciliar Church... It is a Church that I do not recognize. I belong to the Catholic Church.”

(30/07/1976 ‘Minute’ Interview)

Last edited: