Updated 19th September

Admin

Administrator
Good evening, all.

See the email trail below – start at the bottom and work your way upwards. Note that all sexualised photos have been removed.
I have requested permission to attend the annual March for the Babies in uniform in Melbourne - an annual protest against abortion that will occur this year on Saturday 11 October 2014.

That request has been denied on the basis that the March for the Babies is a political event, which is contrary to DI(G) PERS 21-1 Political Activities of Defence Personnel.

My reply to that may be of interest to you.

I will not tolerate the lies, garbage, ideology and social engineering that our “Senior Sirs” are so determinedly shoving down all our collective throats.

The time has come to put an end to all this rubbish – once and for all. I am angry and have had enough of all this politically-correct, infinitely offensive crap.

Regards,

Bernie Gaynor

Sent: Thursday, 18 September 2014 16:53
To: Sasse, Michael LTCOL
Cc: Rule, Christopher COL
Subject: RE: Permission to attend event in uniform [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Sir,
I am indeed aware that attendance at the March for the Babies would be contrary to both ADF policy (DI (G) PERS 21-1 Political activities of Defence Personnel) and the traditional apolitical requirements of the ADO. However, these longstanding ADF conventions have been done away with and replaced by newer and completely opposite conventions by the CDF in concert with the three Service Chiefs. I refer to the permission that has been granted in respect of uniformed ADF attendance at the annual Sydney Gay and Lesbian Mardi Gras.

The Sydney Gay and Lesbian Mardi Gras commenced as a political activity in 1978 and continues to be one to this day.

Here is an extract from the objectives of the corporate entity that runs the Mardi Gras every year - note how often the word "political" appears:

Extract from the CONSTITUTION OF SYDNEY GAY & LESBIAN MARDI GRAS LIMITED (ACN 102 451 785)

CORPORATIONS ACT
A company limited by guarantee and not having a share capital.

CONSTITUTION OF SYDNEY GAY & LESBIAN MARDI GRAS LIMITED
ACN 102 451 785

CHAPTER II

OBJECTS

2.1 The objectives of Sydney Gay & Lesbian Mardi Gras shall be to organise and co-ordinate events of celebration, commemoration and protest and engage in other activities as part of the gay, lesbian, transgender, bisexual, queer and intersex community. This includes:

(a) Sustaining and strengthening the gay, lesbian, transgender, bisexual, queer and intersex community by:

(i) providing opportunities for interaction and association between individuals, groups and organisations;

(ii) contributing to its social, economic, cultural and political development;

(iii) enabling the full expression of its culture, history, traditions and aspirations; and

(iv) providing opportunities for other organisations to promote their services, fundraise and advance their objectives;

(b) Acknowledging the diversity of the gay, lesbian, transgender, bisexual, queer and intersex community.

(c) Advancing the goals of this community, including:

(i) full acceptance of and equal rights within Australia and internationally;

(ii) promoting visibility of its people within the Australian community and internationally;

(iii) recognition within society of the right to sexual self-determination of all people.

(d) Advancing the interests and general well-being of gay, lesbian, transgender, bisexual, queer and intersex people including:

(i) affirmation of gay, lesbian, transgender, bisexual, queer and intersex love and life;

(ii) creating opportunities for people to express themselves artistically and politically and develop their artistic and political skills; and

(iii) by creating a forum in which sexuality and gender diversity are explored and celebrated.

(e) Building strong, positive and beneficial relationships between the gay, lesbian, transgender, bisexual, queer and intersex community and the wider community.

Every Mardi Gras expresses "profound disapproval with our Government's failure" - here is a selection of images of groups at the 2014 Sydney Mardi Gras who were expressing profound disapproval of the Australian Government:

Sir - here is the bottom line. If the CDF and the Service Chiefs are going to permit uniformed ADF attendance at an event that is both political in every respect as well as being outrageous in terms of unacceptable sexual behaviour and condemnable religious vilification and intolerance - then the ADF is in no position to deny my request to attend the annual March for the Babies in uniform.

What is good for the goose is good for the gander.

The CDF and the Service Chiefs cannot have it both ways.

If uniformed ADF attendance is permitted at every Sydney Gay and Lesbian Mardi Gras, then my request to attend the March for the Babies in uniform cannot be rejected.

But if my request to attend the March for the Babies is rejected - then uniformed ADF attendance at the Sydney Gay and Lesbian Mardi Gras must also be banned.

If one is allowed but not the other, this would be highly discriminatory - with all the legal ramifications that attach to that word.

I look forward to your response.

Regards,

Bernie Gaynor
MAJ
SO2 Training Compliance & Assurance
Defence Command Support Training Centre
Simpson Barracks
Watsonia Vic 3085
Phone: (03) 8481-7192
Mobile: 0409 279-673
Fax: (03) 8481-7128

Sent: Thursday, 18 September 2014 15:24
To: Gaynor, Bernard MAJ
Subject: RE: Permission to attend event in uniform [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

MAJ GAYNOR,

I have considered your request (below) to attend The March for the Babies event on 11 Oct 14 in uniform.

The March for the Babies website identifies that this activity is to ‘express ... profound disapproval with our Government's failure...’

Accordingly, I have formed the view that this activity is political in nature and that the involvement of ADF personnel in uniform would be contrary to ADF policy (DI (G) PERS 21-1 Political activities of Defence Personnel ) and the apolitical requirements of the ADO.

Therefore your request to attend this event in uniform is denied.

Mick Sasse

Lieutenant Colonel

COFS DCSTC
Simpson Barracks
Macleod VIC 3085
Phone: +61 3 848 17001
Mobile: +61 418 526 535
Fax: +61 3 848 17128

Email: michael.sasse@defence.gov.au

Sent: Thursday, 18 September 2014 11:40
To: Sasse, Michael LTCOL
Subject: Permisson to attend event in uniform [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Sir, The annual March for the Babies will be conducted in Melbourne in Saturday 11 Oct 2014. This event is a pro-life gathering that occurs in Melbourne every year to protest Victoria's abortion laws. I request permission to attend this event in uniform. I am happy to discuss this request with you, if you would like further information about it.

Regards,

Bernie Gaynor

MAJ

SO2 Training Compliance & Assurance
Defence Command Support Training Centre
Simpson Barracks
Watsonia Vic 3085
Phone: (03) 8481-7192
Mobile: 0409 279-673
Fax: (03) 8481-7128

Last edited: