Upate 35

nanna

1619684274709.png

Please find attached 3 different meditations/prayers etc that you may wish to use over the
next few weeks as I will be away for some time.

Time slots not filled for Friday 30/4/21 are 1.00 - 2.00am, 2.00 - 3.00am and 4.00 - 5.00am.

Time slots not filled for Friday 7/5/21 are 1.00 - 2.00 am.

Time slots not filled for Friday 12/5/21 are 1.00 - 2.00am and 4.00 - 5.00am.

Prayers and Meditations Composed in Honour of the Sacred Heart
St Margaret Mary

Taken from Fr John Crosiet’s Book The Devotion to the Sacred Heart.

Act of Reparation to the Sacred Heart of Jesus

O Divine Heart of Jesus, inexhaustible Source of love and goodness, ah! How I regret that I have forgotten Thee so much and loved Thee so little! O Sacred Heart, Thou dost merit the reverence and love of all hearts which Thou hast cherished so much and laid under infinite obligations. And yet Thou dost receive from the greater number nothing but ingratitude and coldness, and especially from my own heart which merits Thy just indignation. But Thy Heart is all full of goodness and mercy, and of this I wish to avail myself to obtain reconciliation and pardon. O Divine Heart, I grieve intensely when I see myself guilty of such cowardice and when I consider the ungrateful conduct of my wicked heart, which has so unjustly stolen the love that it owes to Thee and bestowed it on myself or on vain amusements.

O Heart most meek, if the sorrow and shame of a heart that recognises its error can satisfy Thee, pardon this heart of mine for it is sorry for its infidelity and ashamed of the little care which it has taken to please Thee by its love. O Sacred Heart of my Saviour, what could I expect from all this but Thy displeasure and condign punishment if I did not hope in Thy mercy. O, Heart of my God, Heart most holy, Heart to which alone belongs to pardon sinners, do thou in Thy mercy pardon this poor miserable heart of mine. All its powers unite in a supreme effort to make reparation to Thee for its wanderings from Thee and the disordered application of its love.

Ah! How have I been able to hitherto to refuse Thee my heart, I who have so many obligations to make Thee its sole possessor, nevertheless I have done so. But now how I regret that I have wandered away from thee, from the love of Thee who art the Source of all goodness, in a word, from the Heart of my Jesus, who although needing me not, has sought me out and lavished Thy favours on me. O Adorable Heart of Jesus, is it possible that my heart can have treated Thee thus, my heart which depends entirely on Thy love and Thy benefits and which, if Thou should take them from it, would fall into the utmost extremes of misery or be reduced to nothingness? Ah! How I am beholden to Thy goodness, O indulgent Heart of my Saviour, for having borne with me so long in my ingratitude! Oh! How timely Thy mercies come to pardon my poor, inconstant heart!

O Heart of my Jesus, I now consecrate to Thee and give Thee all my love and the source of my love, which is my heart; I give Thee both irrevocably, although with great confusion for having so long refused Thee Thine own possessions. O Divine Heart, my very capability of bestowing my poor heart on Thee is a proof of Thy great love for me, but alas! I have availed myself badly of such a favourable opportunity to merit Thy love and grace. Oh! How great is my confusion at the thought of this! O Heart of my Jesus, reform my faithless heart, grant that henceforth it may bind itself to Thy love by its own, and that it may approach Thee as much in the future as it has run away from Thee in the past, and as Thou art the Creator of my heart, may Thou, I beseech Thee, one day give it the crown of immortality.

Thirty-five Salutations to the Sacred Heart of Jesus

Hail, Heart of Jesus! Save me
Hail, Heart of my Creator! Perfect me.
Hail, Heart of my Saviour! Deliver me
Hail, Heart of my Judge! Pardon me
Hail, Heart of my Father! Govern me
Hail, Heart of my Spouse! Love me.
Hail, Heart of my Master! Teach me.
Hail, Heart of my King! Crown me
Hail, Heart of my benefactor! Enrich me
Hail, Heart of my Pastor! Guard me.
Hail, Heart of my Friend! Caress me.
Hail, Heart of my Infant Jesus! Draw me to Thee.
Hail, Heart of Jesus, dying on the Cross! Ransom me.
Hail, Heart of Jesus in all Thy states! Give Thyself to me.
Hail, Heart of my Brother! Dwell with me.
Hail, Heart of incomparable Goodness! Pardon me.
Hail, Magnificent Heart! Shine forth in me
Hail, Most amiable Heart! Embrace me.
Hail, Charitable Heart! Operate in me.
Hail, Merciful Heart! Answer for me.
Hail, Most Humble Heart! Repose in me.
Hail, Most Patient Heart! Bear with me.
Hail, Most Faithful Heart! Atone for me.
Hail, Most Admirable and Most Worthy Heart! Bless me.
Hail, Peaceful Heart! Calm me
Hail, Most Desirable and Excellent Heart! Enrapture me.
Hail, Illustrious and Perfect Heart! Ennoble me.
Hail, Sacred Heart, Precious Balm! Preserve me.
Hail, Most Holy and Profitable Heart! Make me better.
Hail, Blessed Heart, Medicine and Remedy of our evils! Cure me.
Hail, Heart of Jesus, Solace of the afflicted! Console me.
Hail, Most loving Heart, burning Furnace Consume me.
Hail, Heart of Jesus, Model of perfection! Enlighten me.
Hail, Heart of Jesus, Origin of all happiness! Fortify me.
Hail, Heart of eternal blessings! Call me to Thee.

Act of Consecration to the Sacred Heart of Our Lord Jesus Christ

O Lord Jesus, holy and sweet love of our souls who hast promised that wherever two or three are gathered together in Thy name Thou wilt be there in their midst, behold, O Divine and most amiable Jesus, our hearts united in one common accord to adore, praise, love, bless and please Thy most Holy and Sacred Heart, to which we dedicate ourselves and consecrate our hearts for time and eternity. We renounce forever all love and affection which are not in the love and affection of Thy adorable Heart; we desire that all the desires, longings and aspirations of our hearts may be always according to the good pleasure of Thy Heart, which we wish to please as much as we are able. But as we can do nothing good of ourselves, we beseech Thee, O most adorable Jesus, by the infinite goodness and meekness of Thy most Sacred Heart, to sustain our hearts and confirm them in the resolution of loving and serving Thee, with which Thou doest inspire them in order that nothing may ever separate us or disunite us from Thee, but that we may be always faithful and constant in this resolution. We sacrifice to the love of Thy Sacred Heart all that can give vain pleasure to our hearts and all that can engross them uselessly with the things of this world where we confess that everything, besides loving and serving Thee alone is vanity and affliction of spirit. O Divine and most amiable Lord and Savour Jesus Christ, may Thou be blessed, loved and glorified eternally. Amen.

Prayer to the Sacred Heart of Our Lord Jesus Christ

Place me, O my sweet Saviour, in Thy Sacred Side, and in Thy adorable Heart which is a burning Furnace of pure love, and I shall be in safety. I hope, O my Jesus, My Sovereign Good, that Thou wilt bring me in thither, since I love Thee, not for the recompenses which thou dost promise to those who love Thee, but purely for the love of Thyself, I love Thee above all things lovable, above everything good, above everything beautiful, above every pleasure, and in fine, above myself and everything that is outside of Thee, and I protest in the presence of Heaven and earth that I wish to live and die in Thy holy love, purely and simply, and that even if to love Thee in this manner, I must suffer persecution and torments and even endure death, I am quite content, and will say with St Paul: “No creature shall ever be able to separate me from the love of the Sacred Heart of Jesus, whom I love and wish to love eternally”.

O most amiable Heart, thou art my strength, my support, my recompense, my safety, my refuge, my love and my all, O most holy Heart of Jesus, Heart most august, Master of all hearts, I love Thee, I adore Thee, I praise Thee, I thank Thee, I wish to be all Thine, O heart of love, dwell with me and in me; govern me, save me, change my entirely into Thee. O most excellent and most Sacred Heart, the eternal enjoyment of which will be, without surfeit, the Source of enjoyment and the Recompense of the blessed, how desirable, how lovable Thou art! O Divine Heart, come to me, or draw me to Thee. O Heart most sublime, the Delight of Divinity! I salute Thee from exile where I am; I invoke Thee in my sorrow; I call on Thee as the remedy for my frailty. Oh! most merciful Heart, compassionate and generous Heart of my Father and my Saviour, do not refuse Thy help to my unworthy heart, destroy in me the reign of sin and establish in me that of virtue in order that Thy image may be completely perfected in me and that it may one day be an ornament in Thy heavenly palace. Amen.

Litany of the Passion

Humbly prostrate at the foot of Thy holy Cross, I will often say to Thee, in order to excite

Thy compassion and obtain mercy and pardon:
Jesus, unknown and despised, (have mercy on me.)
Jesus, calumniated and persecuted,
Jesus, abandoned by men and tempted,
Jesus, betrayed and sold for a paltry sum,
Jesus, blamed, accused and unjustly condemned,
Jesus, clothed with a garment of opprobrium and shame,
Jesus, buffeted and mocked,
Jesus, dragged with a rope around Thy neck,
Jesus, scourged unto blood,
Jesus, reputed to be a fool and to be possessed by a devil,
Jesus, to whom Barabbas was preferred,
Jesus, shamefully stripped of Thy garments,
Jesus, crowned with thorns and saluted in derision,
Jesus, laden with the Cross, and disowned by Thy people,
Jesus, overwhelmed with insults, sorrow, and humiliations,
Jesus, sorrowful unto death,
Jesus, insulted, spat upon, beaten, outraged and scoffed at,
Jesus, hanged on the infamous tree in the company with robbers,
Jesus, set at nought and deprived of honour before men,
Jesus, overwhelmed with all kinds of sorrow,

O Good Jesus, who has suffered an infinity of insults and humiliations for the love of me, imprint deeply on my heart a great love and appreciation for them, and the desire to endure them willingly for Thee

Amen

Prayer of Adoration and Love to the Sacred Heart

I adore Thee, I love Thee, I praise Thee, I cry to Thee for mercy, I return Thee thanks, I invoke Thee and confide myself entirely to Thee, O most holy and adorable Heart of my Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, who for the salvation of us all didst submit Thyself to the rigors of Divine Justice, and didst voluntarily accept a birth accompanied with poverty, sorrow and contempt, a life of labour and contradictions, but of kindness for all, and a death full of opprobrium, confusion and sorrow, and who, in fine, for the love of those who wish to be saved through Thy divine charity, dost remain in the Blessed Sacrament of the altar to the end of time. Accomplish, O most adorable Heart, Thy wishes in my poor and miserable heart, which I dedicate and consecrate to Thee forever. Grant that it may live in the sentiments of love and gratitude which it owes Thee, that it may at all times breath only Thy honour and glory, in order that it may expire in the waters of perfect contrition. Amen.

Act of Adoration to the Sacred Heart

With all the power of my heart, I now adore Thy sovereignty, O most Sacred, Divine and Adorable Heart of Jesus, whom I wish to fear and respect with continuous attention never more to offend Thee because Thou art infinitely good. O most Sacred Heart, I love Thee and wish to love Thee above all things with all my strength and power. I detest every mortal sin and all voluntary venial sins; I hope that as we belong to Thee, who hast given birth to us on the Cross with so much pain, thou wilt have pity on our weakness and misery and not allow us to perish.

I offer myself entirely to Thee, O Heart of love, with the intention that my whole being, my life and my sufferings may be employed in loving, honouring and glorifying Thee in time and in eternity. I love Thee, O most amiable Heart, as my sovereign good, my entire happiness and all my joy, as the sole object worthy of the love of all hearts. May my heart be reduced to cinders by the ardour and vehemence of this love, by which I renew with my whole soul all the offerings which I have made to Thee of myself. Keep me from displeasing Thee and grant me to do what is most pleasing to Thee. O Heart, Source of pure love, would that I might be all heart to Thee and all soul to adore Thee! Grant that by Thy holy grace, I may be able to love only Thee, to love in Thee and by Thee and for Thee. May my memory think only of Thee, may I have no other understanding but to know Thee, no other will or affection but to love Thee, no tongue but to praise Thee, no eye but to see Thee, no hands but to serve Thee, no feet but to seek Thee, in order that I may be able one day to love Thee without fear of losing Thee for all eternity. Amen

Meditation for the First Friday of Each Month

On the sentiments of the Sacred Heart of Jesus at the sight of the ingratitude of men, and the outrages
to which His ardent love for them has exposed Him.

Let us represent to ourselves the pitiable state to which the son of God was reduced when He permitted His imagination to picture to Him most vividly, with all their most afflicting circumstances, the dreadful torments and humiliating insults which He was to suffer from three classes of people until the end of the world: from the Jews who were to reject Him, from the heretics who were to recognise Him, but who were to refuse to believe in His benefits; and from Catholics who while believing in His benefits, would repay them with the greatest ingratitude. It was at this sight that He began to fear, as the Gospel tells us, to be wearied and to be sad; and that, finally, He fell into a kind of death-agony, receiving no consolation from anyone, not even from His most faithful disciples to whom He complained, saying “My soul is sorrowful unto death!” Let us imagine that it is to ourselves Jesus Christ makes this complaint: you abandon Me, seeing Me reduced to such a pitiful state.

First Point - The sentiment of the Heart of Jesus Christ at the sight of the torments which He was
to suffer through the cruelty of the Jews.

Consider what were the sentiments of Jesus Christ, when He represented to Himself distinctly, on the one hand, the singular benefits which He had lavished on His chosen people, and on the other hand the cruelties and outrages which He has about to receive from this same nation, notwithstanding so many benefits. All the graces which had preceded His coming had been given to them only in view of the merits of Jesus Christ. It was particularly for this people that He had become a man; it was among them, in preference to all other people, that He had chosen His parents and His friends, that He had performed His miracles and preached His doctrine, and for all these benefits He received nothing but harshness, persecution and opprobrium. He was refused lodging at birth; He was no sooner born than he was compelled to seek shelter in a foreign country. With what indignity was He not treated during His public life! But what has he not suffered at his death! He was seized like a robber. He was dragged like a criminal along the same streets through which He had been led in triumph a few days before as the Messiah. He was struck on the face as an insolent person in the house of Caiphas, He was spat upon as a blasphemer; He was treated as a mock king and an imposter, He was delivered up to the terrible cruelty of the demon-possessed rabble during the whole night in the dungeon of Caiphas, where He suffered innumerable outrages. He was treated by Herod as a fool; He was condemned to be scourged like a wretched slave, and the criminal, Barabbas, was preferred to Him as being less wicked than He. Finally, He was condemned to the most ignominious death and was nailed to the Cross on which He expired in the sight of a huge multitude of people, most of them witnesses of His miracles, and even some in whose favour He had wrought miracles, without finding a single one among that crowd to take His part, or to offer Him consolation. From insensibility to His sufferings, they even passed to contempt, and from contempt to execration. But perhaps these people were deceived? No; they knew that His life had been holy, exemplary; that it was spend doing good, working miracles for the afflicted; at it is even for that that they persecuted Him – for being too good.

All this presented itself clearly and vividly to Jesus Christ. He was perfectly conscious of the dignity of His Person, the greatness of His favours, the disinterestedness of His love, and the unworthiness, meanness, rage, and malice of those who treat Him with such cruelty.

A great soul, especially when it is possessed of great love and when it hope by sufferings to make that love known, is capable of giving itself willingly up to suffering; but the more generous and tender a person is, the more difficult he finds it to support injustice and ingratitude, especially when he sees himself sacrificed to the envy of his enemies and betrayed by those from whom he had a right to expect help in his afflictions, and when he sees that his terrible sufferings and afflictions are not capable of inspiring these men with the least sentiment of compassion.

Never has any person more clearly and vividly represented to himself events in all their circumstances than Jesus Christ. Never had anyone a more generous heart, and consequently, no one was ever more sensible to ingratitude. With what torrents of bitterness was not the Sacred Heart of Jesus inundated when It represented to Itself what He had done for this people and what this people was going to do to Him. Let us, who are so sensible to contempt, especially contempt from people whom we have most obliged; let us judge what must have been the sentiments of Jesus Christ at the sight of this spectacle.

The sorrow which crushed His Sacred Heart must have been especially bitter because it is the only torment of His Passion of which He complained, “Attend and see if there is any sorrow like to my sorrow.” (Lam. 1:12). O what ingratitude and cruelty! And in this mortal sadness, no consolation!

“Is this the return which you make to the Lord, O foolish and senseless people?’’ (Deut.32:6) Ungrateful men, unfeeling Christians, is this the gratitude which you have for your Saviour and your God?

No, my Saviour; it shall not be said that Thou art so universally abandoned; it shall not be said that Thou wilt find no one to share in Thy sorrow. I ask Thee for at least a drop from that ocean of bitterness with which Thy Sacred Heart was inundated at the sight of such ingratitude and contempt, in order that, if I am not happy enough to blot out my sins by shedding all my blood I may at least so grieve for them that I may wash them away by my tears.

Second Point – The sentiments of the Sacred Heart of Jesus at the sight of the outrages
that He was to suffer from heretics.

Consider that the second cause of this fear and mortal sadness which the Sacred Heart of Jesus was filled was the number of insults and outrages which He was to endure from the malice of heretics until the end of time, and which His imagination represented with all their circumstances to Him without hiding a single one. There is nothing more painful to a generous heart than ingratitude, especially when it is accompanied with contempt. But of all kinds of ingratitude, the blackest is when people not only return no thanks for favours received, but even deny that they have ever received favours so that they may have full liberty to maltreat their benefactor without passing for ungrateful people. Jesus Christ knew distinctly that, in the future, Christians would be found in great numbers who would renew on His Sacred Body in the Blessed Eucharist all the outrages that the malice of demons could be capable of, and who would deny His Real Presence in the Blessed Eucharist in order to give themselves full liberty to vent their rage and hatred against Him.

Could we have imagined that men would be capable of such malice and contempt, that they would use His greatest mark of love to outrage Him to excess? Our Divine Savour in the Garden of Olives saw clearly and distinctly all the outrages that would be inflicted on Him in the sacraments of His love down through the ages to the end of time; He saw His temples profaned, His altars demolished, His priests slaughtered, His Sacred Body dragged on the ground and trampled underfoot and become the object of the mockery and derision of the greatest criminals, and the horror and execration of the impious.

What must have been the sentiment of this tender and generous Heart in the Garden of Olives! Must Thou, O my Saviour, work such a miracle to furnish impious men with a means to treat Thee so unworthily? Must Thou, by an excess of love, remain amount men to the end of time to be the object of their contempt and rage? Is not such a vision sufficient to make the heart dry up with sadness and sorrow? Is it not Thou, O King of Glory, whom I see covered with opprobrium and ignominy in so many places? Is it not Thou, O God of Majesty, before whom the Seraphim annihilate themselves with respect, whom I see so insolently treated by vile wretches of this earth? Is it not Thou, in fine, the object of complacence of Thy Eternal Father, who art become an object of horror an execration for Thy creatures, for Thy slaves, for Thine own children? And all this because Thou has loved them too much.

Could we have ever imagined, O Lord, that to the excess of Thy goodness, men would reply by an excess of malice? To Thy excess of love, by an excess of ingratitude?

But, O my amiable Saviour is not my excess of ingratitude still greater, if I show no sympathy to Thee at the sight of such treatment?

It is, indeed, in this point, O my Saviour, that I discover the meaning of the words of Thy Prophet: “The most abject of men, the man of sorrows.” (Is 53:3). Heretics have treated Thee as the last and the most despised of all men, and they have fulfilled the prophecy which said that Thou wouldst be ‘’filled with opprobrium.’’ (Lam. 3:30). But, My Saviour, will these heretics, these unnatural children, these impious ones, be never satisfied with treating Thee so insolently?

And shall I be ever touched at seeing Thee so ill-treated?

This terrible vision of sin and ingratitude caused Thy death-agony and the Bloody Sweat in the Garden. I ask of Thee that it may touch me unto tears, and that if I cannot feel the same sorrow that weighed down on Thy Sacred Heart, at least my shame at being so insensible to Thy sorrow may in some manner supply for my insensibility.

Third Point: - The sentiments of the Heart of Jesus Christ at the sight of the ingratitude of the majority of Catholics.

Consider that it was no less afflicting and sad for Jesus Christ to see the ingratitude of the majority of the faithful, who would have only coldness and indifference for Him in the Sacrament of His love. He saw the little esteem, nay, even the contempt with which they would treat this greatest proof of His love. He saw that no matter what He might do to be loved by the faithful, even dwelling always amongst them in the Blessed Eucharist, neither this excess of His love, nor His benefits, nor His very presence would be capable of making the greater part of them love Him or would prevent them from forgetting Him. He saw that
those churches in which He was to be sacramentally present would be left for the most of

the time without adorers. He saw what little reverence, nay, what disrespect would be shown in His presence. He saw clearly how the greater part of His followers, who spend long hours in vain amusements and useless visits and complete idleness, would rarely find a quarter of an hour to spend before Him in the Blessed Sacrament. He knew how many others would visit Him only under compulsion and without either devotion or reverence. And finally, He saw the very small number who would eagerly visit Him and devoutly adore Him. He saw clearly that the greater number would take no more notice of Him than if He were not really present in the Blessed Sacrament or than if He were a person of no consequence.

The harsh treatment which He received from the Jews, Gentiles and heretics was indeed very painful to Him; but they were His open enemies, and such treatment might be expected from enemies. But could we ever have thought it possible that those who recognize His benefits, that those who make profession of being faithful to Him, that His own children should not only be insensible to His benefits and in no way touched with compassion at the sight of the grief caused by such contempt, but that they should treat Him with contempt by their irreverences and sacrileges? Our Saviour might well say; “If pagans and Turks and infidels had treated Me so, I might have endured it.” “For if my enemy had reviled me, I would verily have borne it” (Ps. 54:13), but that Christians, Catholics whom I have not only redeemed, but have fed and nourished with My Body and Blood, should have nothing but contempt for Me, that they should treat Me with ingratitude, is too much. “But thou a man of one mind, my guide and my familiar: who didst take sweetmeats together with me!” (Ps. 54:14-15).

What must be the sentiments of this most generous and tender Heart of Jesus which has so loved men, and which finds in the hearts of those men only coldness and contempt? “I am become a reproach among my enemies.” (Ps.30:12). If after exposing Myself to the contempt and hatred of My enemies in the midst of the outrages which I suffer, I could at least find a large number of faithful friends who would console Me! But it is quite the contrary. “They that saw me without fled from me.” (Ps. 30:12). The greater number, seeing that I have disguised Myself under the feeble appearance of bread in order to have the pleasure of dwelling among men, abandon Me and forget Me as a person who has no place in their hearts. “I am forgotten as one dead from the heart.” (Ps. 30:13).

Can we say that there is any exaggeration in this terrible picture of torments, contempt, outrages, and coldness that was presented to our Saviour’s mind in the Garden of Olives? Is it really true that people, even Christians, have treated Jesus Christ with this contempt, with this coldness? What has my own conduct been towards Him in the Sacrament of His love? Have I remained indifferent at seeing Him treated with such contempt?

Alas! I have only to consider my present sentiments; and since this pitiable state to which our sins have reduced our loving Saviour has touched the hearts of the most hardened sinners, am I not a prodigy of insensibility if I remain unmoved?

Ah! how can I think of all this, and at the same time, realize that it is God made man who endures this sadness “even unto death” with which His Sacred Heart is inundated at the sight of such monstrous insults and such terrible torments; when I reflect that this is God who most freely accepts to suffer these insults and torments, how can I not die of grief and love?

If a man, if a slave, had endured the hundredth part of what Jesus had endured and still endures daily on our altars for love of us, we could not help loving him, being grateful to him, offering him our sympathy and saying sometimes: “After all, this poor unfortunate man loved me and would not have met with misfortune if he had not loved me.” Is it, then, only to the proofs of love which Jesus Christ has given us that we make no response? He showed His love for us by dying on the Cross for us and still shows it by remaining in the Blessed Sacrament for our sake in spite of the insults and outrages which He receives from wicked men; and is coldness and ingratitude our only recompense to Him? What hardness of heart! What insensibility! Is it possible that the heart of man is capable of such ingratitude?

Alas! O my Saviour, it is only too capable of it, and it would show only too clearly that it is, if this same love which induced Thee to endure such outrages and indignities for us did not also induce Thee to soften the hardness and warm the coldness of this unfeeling heart and render it capable of loving Thee. For what would all the prodigies which Thou has performed and all the torments which Thou has endured avail, but to harden this heart still more and to make it more criminal, if it is not touched by these proofs of love, if it is not more grateful for them, if it does not love Thee more for them.

As I hope, O Lord, that Thou wilt not refuse me Thy grace, I now make a firm resolution to give Thee henceforth unmistakable proofs of my love and of my just gratitude. I have been hitherto insensible to Thy favours, insensible to Thy sufferings, indifferent towards Thee, although I know that Thou art always with us in the Sacrament of Thy love. I have good reason, O my amiable Saviour, to distrust my promises, having been in the past so insensible to Thy sufferings and to Thy benefits, and so faithless in Thy service; but Thy great mercy now inspires me with confidence and I will henceforth be more constant and faithful. I promise to show thee the sincere devotion which I have to Thy Sacred Heart, by my respect in Thy presence and by my frequent visits to Thee in the Sacrament of Thy love, and by my ardent desire to spend the rest of my life in making reparation to Thee, as far as is in my power, by my love and homage for the outrages Thou dost suffer from wicked men, and the coldness and indifference which Thou dost experience in the Blessed Sacrament even from people consecrated to Thee. “I will love the, O Lord, my strength: the Lord is my firmament, my refuge and my deliverer.” (Ps. 17:1).people consecrated to Thee. “I will love the, O Lord, my strength: the Lord is my firmament, my refuge and my deliverer.” (Ps. 17:1)

MEDITATION FOR THE SECOND FRIDAY OF MAY
(taken from “The Devotion to the Sacred Heart” by Fr. John Croiset, S.J)

So long a time I have been with you; and have you not known me.” (John 14:9).

It is not possible to know Jesus Christ well and not to love Him tenderly; a person whom loves Him only coldly cannot be said to know Him. This complaint which He makes to His Apostles reveals to us the sentiments of His Heart. Although they had left all to follow Him, they did not love Him yet with sufficient fervour, because they still knew Him only imperfectly. But has not this Divine Saviour more reason to make a similar reproach to us and to say to us: “I have been so long in the midst of you; I have been with you night and day; I have been in your midst solely for the love of you, and yet you do not know Me! For if you knew Me, would you leave Me alone almost always? Would you show so little eagerness in visiting Me? Would you be so little recollected in My presence? Would you have so little confidence in Me in all your wants? Would you not have recourse to Me before all others in all the happenings of life, and could you without pain separate yourself from Me during all your life?” What reply could I make to Him?

Attachments

• Holy_Hour of Reparation to the Sacred Heart of Jesus (2) (2).pdf
    3.2 MB · Views: 0
Last edited: