The Charity of Christ

Admin

Administrator
Reflection:

No matter how much I may live by the golden rule to do unto others what I would have them do unto me* - this is not the Charity of Christ. The Golden Rule was written in every man's heart before the Incarnation. If it was not it means that man has no conscience to guide him and therefore cannot be held accountable for his actions, whether good or bad; that it would be unjust for God to send anyone to hell. A loving God could never leave us in the condition of being able to go against our conscience with no hope of undoing our evil deeds should we regret them, that is.

History, past and present, has and is teaching us that many of us would not regret our sins and would resent a God who interfered and took it upon Himself to forgive us and remove the evil done. For proof, one has only to look at the world's treatment of Christ, then of the many countless martyrs, saints and persecuted Christians who continued to extend the time of Mercy up to our present age.

It appears that the saveable are those, who like Adam know they have sinned, deeply repent and recognise God's justice in punishing them and trustingly await His promised and inevitable Mercy to redeem them. Taking this fact into consideration, it all begins to fall into place that God foresaw a great number of individual mortal sinners who would not wish to have the enjoyment and power of evil taken away from them. They consider themselves supreme in their own right. Like some angels before them they would choose the same path of their own free will. They would resent anyone who, thinking themselves 'charitable' sought to blame the such men's behaviour upon the influence of the evil angels. But no, such men would be proud of their independence. They would even consider themselves above the evil angels having gotten this idea because God became Incarnate and chose them as his own people - and what God has given he would never take away. They would use God against God. It is the sin which, in our present Age, is reaching maturity.

In other words, the same opportunity for salvation was given to the larger(?) number who would resent God's Charity and do everything in its power to throw it back into his face so the world would understood THEY, out of all men and angels did not need it and never would need it. They awaited his Incarnation to do just that. When he appeared they could not fail to recognise he was the fulfilment of the O.T. prophesies. That moment came the minute Our Lord said to the Pharisees:

If I had not come and spoken to them, they would not have sin: but now they have no excuse for their sin. He that hateth me hateth
my Father also. If I had not done among them the works that no other man hath done, they would not have sin: but now they have both
seen and hated both me and my Father. But that the word may be fulfilled which is written in their law: they hated me without cause.
(Jn.15: 22-25)

Do such souls - as those whom God knew would grieve inconsolably about the evil done of their own free will - fully realised that Christ's Merciful Charity is already working it's redemptive power in them? There is a very simple way of knowing this for certain. How can any man know about Christ's Charity unless he has seriously meditated on a kind of love, beyond his understanding; if he had not/is not hopefully awaiting its manifestation? The hope itself is the sacramental beginning of the manifestation because it was born from hearing/absorbing the Word of God preached in Mother Church and cooperating with preparatory graces. Christ in history, and in our time through the sacraments, descended/descends into our filth (like entering a sewer) whilst Itself remaining pure and unsullied, embracing us one by one as His Precious Blood pours over us and into us paying a price that can only be paid on earth if we are to be saved from eternal damnation. He never has, nor ever will let us go, but endures the length of time it takes our slow-mindedness to understand how and why we are free to make a fresh start with Himself now at the helm of our souls. He will never let us go until the impenetrable seeping walls fall, and we are where we were meant to be in the beginning - passing through the Garden of Paradise into the Eternal Kingdom.

It is not possible for any man or woman outside the Church to comprehend the difference between the natural charitable love of neighbour for neighbour* and the Charity of Christ. Natural goodness does not cut the mustard. Without preparation for, and reception of the Sacramental graces of Baptism, Confession and Holy Communion it is impossible to comprehend an understanding revealed only through the Holy Spiritual gift of Understanding that came to the Church at Pentecost and infused into the soul at Baptism.

It is by, and through Christ's Charity that souls are redeemed, transformed and transported into the Kingdom of the Eternal Father, Son and Holy Ghost.

Outside the Church there is no salvation.

1572963536003.png

* All things therefore whatsoever you would that men should do to you, do you also to them. For this is the law and the prophets.(Matt.7 :12)
As shown this is the law of the O.T. before the Incarnation

Last edited: