Pope Francis latest

Admin

Administrator
On the occasion of World Youth Day, Rio 2013, journalist Gerson Camarotti of Globo News, 29/07/2013, interviewed Pope Francisco. Near the end of the interview (27:17), Francis came with a tremendous declaration which will have serious implications for the future. Source

I think it is important that we all work for others. Prune selfishness. A work by others, according to the values ??of the faith. Everyone, every Confession has its own belief, but according to the values ??of each one's faith, to work for the others. And we all find together to work for the others.

If a child is hungry and has no education, what should interest us is to stop him being hungry and him to have education. If the education is given by Catholics, by Protestants, by Orthodox or by Jews, I do not care. What I am interested in is that he gets educated and that he is not more hungry. In that we have to agree.

Today, the urgency is such that we can not fight among ourselves at the expense of others. [...]

But the job of religions, of confessions is not beneficence. It is true. But at least, in our Catholic faith and other Christian faiths, we will be judged by these works of mercy.
** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** Compare to DIVINI ILLIUS MAGISTRI ENCYCLICAL OF POPE PIUS XI ON CHRISTIAN EDUCATION #7 ** ** ** ** ** ** ** **

7. It is therefore as important to make no mistake in education, as it is to make no mistake in the pursuit of the

last end, with which the whole work of education is intimately and necessarily connected. In fact, since education consists essentially in

preparing man for what he must be and for what he must do here below, in order to attain the sublime end for which he was created, it is clear

that there can be no true education which is not wholly directed to man's last end, and that in the present order of Providence, since God has

revealed Himself to us in the Person of His Only Begotten Son, who alone is "the way, the truth and the life," there can be no ideally perfect

education which is not Christian education.