Our Lady of the Southern Cross Mission Statement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Admin

Administrator

On Sunday 17th January, 2016 our community, formerly known as "the Victorian Resistance" has been officially renamed "Our Lady of the Southern Cross"

We are a lay community of Catholics in Victoria who organise our own activities in religious fellowship, group prayers, social and charitable activities. We resist whatever interferes with our faith, supported by the catechism of our childhood. If faced with an order putting our faith in danger of corruption we have an overriding duty to disobey.

We acknowledge and recognise Pope Francis as Vicar of Christ on earth.

We make our own, the statement of
Archbishop LeFebvre who asked Rome:

Do you agree with the great encyclicals of all the popes who preceded you? Do you agree with Quanta Cura of Pius IX, Immortale Dei and Libertas of Leo XIII, Pascendi Gregis of Pius X, Quas Primas of Pius XI, Humani Generis of Pius XII? Are you in full communion with these Popes and their teachings? Do you still accept the entire Anti-Modernist Oath? Are you in favor of the social reign of Our Lord Jesus Christ? (Archbishop Lefebvre, Interview with Fideliter Magazine, 1988)

We look forward to coordinating and sponsoring priests who are faithful to the traditional teachings of the Catholic Faith and who continue to fight for Rome to be restored to the true faith of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Last edited:

Nick

I have a question about this, similar to the old classic ‘if a tree falls in the forest with no one there to hear it does it still make a noise?’.

Anyway here it is...

If a priest, 100% doctrinally ‘pure’ as you say, walks into a lay community and fully submits to the above statement, in doing so renounces his authority as shepherd over his sheep (regardless of the flocks opinion of themselves) in doing so abandons the structures of the past 2000 years of the holy Roman Catholic Church outside of which their is no salvation... Does the priest remain doctrinally pure?

But if he rejects the above statement and says “No I am a man of god who has the power to baptise kids, forgive sins, say mass regardless of your opinions etc” than under this statement he is not ‘allowed’ to enter this lay community, yet keeps his 100% record it tact?

Admin

Administrator
I do not know what you mean Nick. The question at the the top doesn't relate to the choices you offer(?)

Can you make it simpler?

Vincent

I have a question about this, similar to the old classic ‘if a tree falls in the forest with no one there to hear it does it still make a noise?’.

Anyway here it is...

If a priest, 100% doctrinally ‘pure’ as you say, walks into a lay community and fully submits to the above statement, in doing so renounces his authority as shepherd over his sheep (regardless of the flocks opinion of themselves) in doing so abandons the structures of the past 2000 years of the holy Roman Catholic Church outside of which their is no salvation... Does the priest remain doctrinally pure?

But if he rejects the above statement and says “No I am a man of god who has the power to baptise kids, forgive sins, say mass regardless of your opinions etc” than under this statement he is not ‘allowed’ to enter this lay community, yet keeps his 100% record it tact?

This seems to be the crux of the issue here. I guess I am making Nick’s question mine as well. Which seems to be - does a priest ceases to be doctrinally pure if he submits to a lay board (Protestants have these)?

From Pope Pius X’s encyclical 1905 Il Fermo Proposition :

22. We must touch, Venerable Brethren, on another point of extreme importance, namely, the relation of all the works of Catholic Action to ecclesiastical authority. If the teachings unfolded in the first part of this letter are thoughtfully considered it will be readily seen that all those works which directly come to the aid of the spiritual and pastoral ministry of the Church and which labor religiously for the good of souls must in every least thing be subordinated to the authority of the Church and also to the authority of the Bishops placed by the Holy Spirit to rule the Church of God in the dioceses assigned to them. Moreover, the other works which, as We have said, are primarily designed for the restoration and promotion of true Christian civilization and which, as explained above, constitute Catholic Action, by no means may be considered as independent of the counsel and direction of ecclesiastical authority, especially since they must all conform to the principles of Christian faith and morality. At the same time it is impossible to imagine them as in opposition, more or less openly, to that same authority. Such works, however, by their very nature, should be directed with a reasonable degree of freedom, since responsible action is especially theirs in the temporal and economic affairs as well as in those matters of public administration and political life. These affairs are alien to the purely spiritual ministry. Since Catholics, on the other hand, are to raise always the banner of Christ, by that very fact they also raise the banner of the Church. Thus it is no more than right that they receive it from the hands of the Church, that the Church guard its immaculate honor, and that Catholics submit as docile, loving children to this maternal vigilance.

23. For these reasons it is evident how terribly wrong those few were who in Italy, and under Our very eyes, wanted to undertake a mission which they received neither from Us nor from any of Our Brethren in the episcopate. They promoted it not only without due homage to authority but even openly against the will of that authority, seeking to rationalize their disobedience by foolish distinctions. They said that they were undertaking their cause in the name of Christ; but such a cause could not be Christ's since it was not built on the doctrine of the Divine Redeemer. How truly these words apply: "He who hears you, hears me; and he who rejects you, rejects me."[7] "He who is not with me is against me; and he who does not gather with me scatters."[8] This is a doctrine of humility, submission, filial respect. With extreme regret We had to condemn this tendency and halt by Our authority this pernicious movement which was rapidly gaining momentum. Our sorrow was increased when We saw many young people of excellent character and fervent zeal and capable of performing much good if properly directed, and who are also very dear to Us, carelessly attracted to such an erroneous program.

Nick

Just attempting (unsuccessfully apparently) to point out the difficult lose/lose position you’ll be putting priests under. Thanks to Vincent for locating the question, apologies for making it seem too complicated(?).

Well thankyou also admin for informing that the mission statement has changed, yet again, thought I was going mad. Where did the other part go, the part that said OLSC put themselves under no priestly authority?

Understand this is not trying to start a fight for no reason or have a go at anyone’s hours of time and good works, I ask only because the words of this statement is the laygroups only form of structure and authority, and members are willing to turn down a doctrinally pure priest if he wants to be the head of his own mission, to remain bound by it, so it’s very scary to know it can change overnight. Quite literally overnight, I went to sleep to one statement and woke up to a different one, just like a chapter straight out of George Orwell’s ‘Animal Farm’.

Also I was personally under the impression this sort of thing was temporary ‘pick up the pieces’ thing while again working towards the more solid structure aka Christ’s hierarchy, but its being turned down now when offered.
Personally I’m struggling see how this is being Catholic at all, just want it cleaned up?

Admin

Administrator
Just attempting (unsuccessfully apparently) to point out the difficult lose/lose position you’ll be putting priests under. Thanks to Vincent for locating the question, apologies for making it seem too complicated(?).

Well thankyou also admin for informing that the mission statement has changed, yet again, thought I was going mad. Where did the other part go, the part that said OLSC put themselves under no priestly authority?

Understand this is not trying to start a fight for no reason or have a go at anyone’s hours of time and good works, I ask only because the words of this statement is the laygroups only form of structure and authority, and members are willing to turn down a doctrinally pure priest if he wants to be the head of his own mission, to remain bound by it, so it’s very scary to know it can change overnight. Quite literally overnight, I went to sleep to one statement and woke up to a different one, just like a chapter straight out of George Orwell’s ‘Animal Farm’.

Also I was personally under the impression this sort of thing was temporary ‘pick up the pieces’ thing while again working towards the more solid structure aka Christ’s hierarchy, but its being turned down now when offered.

Personally I’m struggling see how this is being Catholic at all, just want it cleaned up?
Nick, I appreciate at last you clear cut questions. Firstly, the person to whom you/others should address your questions is the co-ordinator who publicly provides his name and email address. As a mere member of OLSC I can only give you my reasons for joining.

I am Admin. of Cor Mariae so have no authority to speak on behalf of OLSC leaders or other members.

It is obvious from your response that readers put their own interpretations on the Mission Statement without knowing all the facts. So thank you for giving me the opportunity to reply.

OLSC put themselves under no priestly authority

OLSC refuses to place itself under any singular priest who excludes visits from other priests and who himself is
under no authority.​

Where did the other part go, the part that said OLSC put themselves under no priestly authority?

The priest providing the Sacraments made the condition that he would provide them no longer if we remained
open to inviting fellow-priests as well. We do not know if other priests from OLMC apply that condition.

The other part went because your public interpretation was faulty misleading other readers as to its true meaning. As Admin of Cor Mariae I deleted it without the approval of OLSC the co-ordinator or its members. I did that because Vincent picked up your unfactual comments and supported them as you say.​

I ask only because the words of this statement is the laygroups only form of structure and authority, and members are willing to turn down a doctrinally pure priest if he wants to be the head of his own mission, to remain bound by it.

Where have we turned down a doctrinally pure priest? What if he turned OLSC down?
Were you there when he clearly said this in front of many witnesses?
Have you asked yourself if it is Catholic for any priest to accrue to himself alone the authority
that is proper only to the Pope?
Cor Mariae certainly hasn’t turned him down. The forum is full of his sermons and conferences.
OLSC Mission statement simply hopes that priests who wish to leave the Conciliar SSPX, the false resistance and priestly groups that harbour sedevacantists will find a refuge.

Also I was personally under the impression this sort of thing was temporary ‘pick up the pieces’ thing while again working towards the more solid structure aka Christ’s hierarchy, but its being turned down now when offered. Personally I’m struggling see how this is being Catholic at all, just want it cleaned up?

You’re correct up to the point of us tuning the priest down. See previous paragraph.​

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.