Misunderstood Traditionalist

G

gail

<p align="justify">
<span> </span><span> </span><span> </span><span> </span><span> </span><span> </span><span> </span><span> </span><span> </span><span> </span><span> </span><span> </span><span> </span><span> </span><span> </span><span> </span><span> </span><span> </span><span> </span><span> </span><span> </span><span> </span><span> </span><span> </span><span> </span><span> </span><span> </span><span> </span><span> </span><span> </span><span> </span><span> </span><span> </span><span> </span><span> </span><span> </span><span> </span><span> </span>Misunderstood Traditionalist

Posted on September 26, 2013 by Father Peter Carotta
from
[URL=http://www.traditionalcatholicpriest.com/]www.traditionalcatholicpriest.com/[/URL]
</p><p align="justify">

I am back in California for a few days. I was talking with someone who told me about Fr. Mitch Pacwa’s show on Pope Francis’ the comments and interview. Fr. Mitch said that the media is taking the pope’s words taken out of context. But I contend that they are what they are and should not to be explained away. Here are few of his actual words. Judge for yourself. Pope francis“<em>We cannot insist only on issues related to abortion, gay marriage and the use of contraceptive methods. This is not possible. I have not spoken much about these things, and I was reprimanded for that. But when we speak about these issues, we have to talk about them in a context. The teaching of the church, for that matter, is clear and I am a son of the church, but it is not necessary to talk about these issues all the time. The dogmatic and moral teachings of the church are not all equivalent… Proclamation in a missionary style focuses on the essentials, on the necessary things: this is also what fascinates and attracts more… We have to find a new balance; otherwise even the moral edifice of the church is likely to fall like a house of cards, losing the freshness and fragrance of the Gospel. The proposal of the Gospel must be more simple, profound, radiant. It is from this proposition that the moral consequences then flow… A beautiful homily, a genuine sermon must begin with the first proclamation, with the proclamation of salvation. There is nothing more solid, deep and sure than this proclamation. Then you have to do catechesis. Then you can draw even a moral consequence.”</em>

I agree whole heartedly that we need to preach the Gospel. I also agree that we should not just talk about abortion, contraception, divorce and homosexuality. But we still have a moral responsibility to speak about what are the root problems behind the downfall of society. Most priests and bishops rarely talk about these issues. And if you disagree with what the pope is saying, these people label you a bad Catholic.
</p>
Today began the 40 days for life all over the USA. This weekend a friend of mine went to ask a priest if he could talk about it to the parishioners. The priest responded that he does not want anyone talking about abortion. The NARAL Pro-Choice and the homosexual groups are thanking the Pope for his words. How come they get one message and the conservative Catholic media get another one. Something is wrong with picture.

<div align="left"> </div>

<p align="justify">​
<p align="justify"> </p>
<p align="justify">Last night I had to council a young woman who just had an abortion. It broke my heart. It always does. How can I not be concerned with the baby’s death and the wounded mother. One in every four baby is killed by abortionist. One in every two are killed by abortion in New York City.

We should have compassion for murders, prostitutes and every criminal. But right is right and wrong is wrong. And I want a safe environment for children to live in and every one else besides. I have a friend who is a police for the Phoenix police department. Every week recently police have been injured by gun wounds inflicted by criminals. So we have compassion on the criminal, but we want them to stop shooting police. Police keep us safe. But if they are no longer safe, how can they keep us safe.

We are so blessed to avoid so much pain by having been taught by good parents and priests what are the Gospel and Catholic morals. We need the grace of God to keep us from becoming criminals too. Many people do not know what is right and wrong without being taught and that means saying it out loud.

Most secular news articles on Pope Francis report on Catholics praising him for changing the Church according with the world way of being. They say he is helping the Church catch up with modern thinking and morals. This is what will bring the Church down like a house of cards built by changing according to the worldly values rather than on God’s changeless morals. If you do not believe me, google articles on Pope Francis.

As the family breaks down, the society breaks down. We who love God and people need to remind people that crime comes from the broken family. We need God and morals to have holy families. We can start with our own families. The family that prays together God keeps holy and happy.

Thanks to all of you who are trying to speak up for the unborn. Thanks to all of you who teach Catholic morals. The safety of children depends on this. Let us continue to pray for our pope and ourselves to stay faithful to the 1980 years of Catholic Tradition.

</p>

<div align="left"> </div>

http://postimg.org/image/g38hg30vh/

</p>
<p align="justify"> </p>
<span> </span><span> </span><span> </span><span> </span><span> </span><span> </span><span> </span><span> </span><span> </span><span> </span><span> </span><span> </span><span> </span><span> </span><span> </span><span> </span><span> </span><span> </span><span> </span><span> </span><span> </span><span> </span><span> </span><span> </span><span> </span><span> </span><span> </span><span> </span><span> </span><span> </span><span> </span><span> </span><span> </span><span> </span><span> </span><span> </span><span> </span><span> </span><span> </span><span> </span><span> </span><span> </span><span> </span><span> </span>

http://postimg.org/image/d028wl18l/