Milestones

Admin

Administrator
Last week’s email mentioned, in passing, that the Australian Family Coalition has turned four years old.

It’s a milestone to celebrate, but much more important is what supporters like you have achieved:

• In just four years, our grassroots movement grown to more than 50,000 supporters across all states and territories – with many friends overseas too.

• Forming a key part of the 2017 Coalition for Marriage, where I served as board director and a spokesman for the ‘no’ campaign.

• Our 2018-2019 ‘Hands off our Schools’ campaign successfully fought against moves to strip faith-based schools of their ability to decide their employment and enrolment arrangements.

• Our campaign defending Israel Folau’s employment saw 25,000 people use our online form to contact Rugby Australia and Rugby NSW in just a few weeks.

• We have been involved in pro-life efforts in Queensland and NSW, with many supporters participating in the enormous Martin Place and Hyde Park rallies.

• In 2019, our supporters helped stop the decriminalisation of prostitution in SA.

• Supporters have been incredibly active in the fight for freedom of religion and belief. I also appeared before the Ruddock inquiry into religious freedom, alongside Catholic Archbishop Anthony Fisher, Anglican Archbishop Glenn Davies and the Australian Christian Lobby.
  • In last year’s federal election, our volunteers in all mainland states helped MPs targeted by radical Left lobby group GetUp, plus we ran a large online social media campaign.
We have also held state events, I have represented AFC internationally, we continue to make media appearances and are engaged right now in key state-level debates.

I share these achievements with you as a reminder of what we are capable of when we all come together.

We may feel our individual efforts are modest at times, but the sum of the whole is considerable.

I’m a big believer in the words of Edmund Burke, not the oft-recited ones about evil triumphing when good men do nothing (true though that is!), but rather this quote:

“Nobody made a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could do only a little”.

The Australian Family Coalition was born out of that very idea: of doing something. And in four short years it has grown to a point where it stands at a crossroads.

As one of the largest organisations of its type in Australia, I really want AFC to lift its game in 2021.

We’ll keep fighting hard on 2020 issues (like the radical abortion bill in SA) –

But when we average more than 350 supporters per federal electorate, we need to be doing much, much more.

That’s why I’m asking for your help.

We’ve largely held off fundraising this year. We know that many supporters have suffered adversely due to COVID restrictions, with many reliant on JobKeeper and JobSeeker.

As we approach 2021, however, we really need to prepare and secure the resources we need to continue the fight for family, faith and freedom.

Can you help us by CLICKING HERE and donating to our 2021 Fighting Fund?

Over the next six weeks, we need to raise $40,000 to see us through the campaigns of the coming weeks and be ready for the challenges of the new year.

We know these challenges will go beyond the life issues currently before us and delve deeply into freedom of religion and belief.

We’ve been doing what we do off the proverbial smell of an oily rag.

I think supporters would be surprised at how modest our operation is behind the scenes, but that’s because we only ask for the resources we genuinely need.

Your donation of $50, $100, $250 or any other amount will make a HUGE difference to our ability to campaign.

We have six weeks until the new year, but in that time there’s still much to be done.

I’m really hoping that, with your help, we’ll have the resources we need to meet these challenges and be ready for those of the new year.

As always, we appreciate your continued support for our work.

Best wishes,

Damian Wyld
Director
Australian Family Coalition

P.S. We appreciate that some supporters prefer to donate via bank transfer.

If you would like to help us in this way, please include your full name as a reference so we can thank you. We're very grateful for your support!

Account name: Australian Family Coalition
BSB: 035-046
Account number: 468987