Wednesday 26 December 2018
Does the Holy Father suppress the Ecclesia Dei Commission? And now?
Addenda : the suppression of the Ecclesia Dei Commission corresponds to a long-standing desire
expressed by the FSSPX, which has always seen the Commission as the guarantor of the groups
betrayed "competitors" in communion with Rome. The FSSPX prefers to deal directly with the CDF
rather than with a Commission dependent on it. It seems that the Holy See considers it appropriate
to fulfill these requests ....
Abstract in English at the bottom of the post
Résumé en françains au fond du post.
Unfortunately, reliable sources tell us, from many places and for several days, that the Pope has decided to dissolve the Pontifical Commission Ecclesia Dei which, very quickly - seems at the beginning of the new year or in January - would flow indistinctly into the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith (CDF) , of which it was already a part, but with its own identity and functions.
Functions that, with the Summorum Pontificum and the Universae Ecclesiae, have been considerably enlarged compared to the original skills, substantially limited to the return of the priests linked to Tradition and connected in some way to the FSSPX (see below ).
Above all, it must be emphasized that the enrichment of the tasks of Ecclesia Dei has made clear the overcoming of the "indultist" regime and the full liberalization of the traditional liturgy, which constitutes the great novelty of the MP and that threatens to be threatened today. Is it not by chance that you want to indulge / implement in a subtle / indirect way as desired in CEI about the end of the Tridentine Mass ( HERE MiL)?
We can not hide our grave concern to see the good done in these years destroyed, and, hoping that the news is not confirmed, we must ask ourselves some questions:
- it will be a mere administrative / organizational reorganization within the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith , or the intervention will also be extended to the Motu Proprio Summorum Pontificum and to the Universae Ecclesiae , which explicitly provide for the existence of the Commission and assign tasks to it. specific (see below and HERE and HERE the original Latin and the Italian translation of the Summorum Pontificum , HERE the accompanying Letter of Benedict XVI, HERE the Italian text of ' Universae Ecclesiae , HERE the Editorial Note of the same HERE and HERE the Apostolic Letter Ecclesia Gods of 1988, Latin and Italian versions)?
- Who will the permanent groups turn to in order to obtain the protection granted to them by the Motu Proprio and the Application Instruction?
- Who will be used if the Bishops will not give proper application to the Motu Proprio?
- Who will the faithful and priests address to the liturgical matters concerning the ancient rite?
- From whom will depend the Institutes that so far were called, in fact, "Ecclesia Dei"?
- What is the Commission's staff going to do?
- Mons. Guido Pozzo (67 years old today, best wishes!) What new function will you have? But it will have it or it will end like the card. Muller?
- Who will keep the relationship with the FSSPX?
- Who will take care of the hundreds of priestly and religious vocations, of the many convents and monasteries in existence and in the process of being established, of the new religious groups, of the hundreds of thousands of faithful and, in general - in the midst of the vocational collapse, of offers and of frequencies to the Masses - of the flowering of new Catholic vocations?
In conclusion: with all the problems of the Church today (we avoid firing on the Red Cross in matters of pederasty, robberies, fornication with men and women, etc.), was it really necessary? CERTAINLY NO!
And the leaders of the Church should remember, if the news turned out to be true and they really wanted to try to destroy the traditionalist charism within the Catholic world, the voice of Gamaliel in the Acts of the Apostles (5.34-39):
Luigi"34 Then a Pharisee, named Gamaliel, a doctor of the Law, esteemed by all the people, rose up and gave orders to let them go out for a moment, and said," Men of Israel, look carefully at what you are doing to In the end, it was Torauda who claimed to be somebody, and about four hundred men joined him in. But he was killed, and those who let themselves be persuaded by him were dissolved and ended up in vain. Galileo, at the time of the census, and induced people to follow him, but he too ended badly, and those who had let themselves be persuaded by him were dispersed 38 Now therefore I tell you: do not mind these men and let them go. plan or this work was of human origin, it would be destroyed, 39 but if it comes from God, you will not be able to destroy them ... You do not even find yourself fighting against God! " .
Addenda : the suppression of the Ecclesia Dei Commission corresponds to a long-standing desire expressed by the FSSPX, which has always seen the Commission as the guarantor of the groups betrayed "competitors" in communion with Rome.
The FSSPX prefers to deal directly with the CDF rather than with a Commission dependent on it. It seems that the Holy See considers it appropriate to fulfill these requests ....
For information from our readers and who will make the decision, from the various papal documents some passages that assign direct competences to the Ecclesia Dei Commission , asking ourselves if and what will change (we imagine that everything will pass to the CDF or the competences will pass to the Religious Congregations Divine Cult, inviting to evaluate all the dangers for the charism of Tradition and the consequences of subtracting these skills from the CDF) :
from the Instruction Universae Ecclesiae:
And from the Summorum Pontificum:9. The Supreme Pontiff conferred on the Pontifical Commission Ecclesia Dei ordinary vicarious powers for the matter of his competence, in particular by supervising the observance and application of the provisions of the Motu Proprio Summorum Pontificum (see article 12).
- It is up to the Pontifical Commission Ecclesia Dei , subject to approval by the Congregation for Divine Worship and the Discipline of the Sacraments , to take care of the eventual edition of the liturgical texts concerning the extraordinal form of the Roman Rite.
- The diocesan Bishops, according to the Code of Canon Law , must be vigilant in liturgical matters in order to guarantee the common good and for everything to be done worthily, in peace and serenity in their Diocese , always in accordance with the mens of the Roman Pontiff clearly expressed by the Motu Proprio Summorum Pontificum . In the event of a dispute or a doubt founded on the celebration in the extraordinarial form , he will judge the Pontifical Commission Ecclesia Dei .
- In the Dioceses where there are no suitable priests, the diocesan Bishops can ask the collaboration of the priests of the Institutes erected by the Pontifical Commission Ecclesia Dei , both in terms of the celebration, and in order for the eventual learning of the same.
- With regard to tonsure, minor orders and sub-diaconate, the Motu Proprio Summorum Pontificum introduces no change in the discipline of the 1983 Code of Canon Law ; consequently, in the Institutes of Consecrated Life and in the Societies of Apostolic Life that depend on the Pontifical Commission Ecclesia Dei , the professed with perpetual votes or those who have been definitively incorporated into a clerical society of apostolic life, with diaconate ordination is incardinated as a cleric in the institute or in society, according to canon 266 § 2 of the Code of Canon Law .
- Only in the Institutes of Consecrated Life and in the Societies of Apostolic Life that depend on the Pontifical Commission Ecclesia Dei and in those where the use of the liturgical books of the extraordinarial form is maintained, is permitted the use of the Pontifical Romanum of 1962 for the conferral of minor and major orders.
And from the Apostolic Letter Ecclesia Dei:Art. 7. If a group of lay faithful among those mentioned in art. 5 § 1 has not been satisfied with his requests by the parish priest, he informs the diocesan bishop. The Bishop is strongly asked to fulfill their wish. If he can not provide for this celebration, it is referred to the Pontifical Commission " Ecclesia Dei ". Art. 8. The Bishop, who wishes to respond to these requests of the lay faithful, but for various reasons is prevented from doing so, can refer the matter to the Commission " Ecclesia Dei " , to offer advice and help. Art. 11. The Pontifical Commission " Ecclesia Dei ", erected by John Paul II in 1988  , continues to exercise its task.
***6. Taking into account the importance and complexity of the problems mentioned in this document, by virtue of my Apostolic Authority, I establish the following:
a ) a Commission is set up, with the task of collaborating with the Bishops, with the Dicasteries of the Roman Curia and with the concerned circles, with the aim of facilitating the full ecclesial communion of priests, seminarians, communities or individual religious and religious so far in various they are linked to the Fraternity founded by Archbishop Lefebvre, who wish to remain united to the Successor of Peter in the Catholic Church, preserving their spiritual and liturgical traditions, in the light of the Protocol signed on 5 May by Cardinal Ratzinger and Msgr. Lefebvre;
b ) this Commission is composed of a Cardinal President and other members of the Roman Curia, in the number that will be deemed appropriate according to the circumstances;
c ) moreover, the soul of all those who feel connected to the Latin liturgical tradition must be respected everywhere, through a wide and generous application of the directives, already emanated by the Apostolic See for some time, for the use of the Roman Missal according to the typical edition of 1962 (9).
Unfortunately, we need to explain the Pontifical Commission Ecclesia Dei, which we believe to be in the beginning of the new year or in January. Doctrine of the Faith (CDF), of which it was already a part, but with its own identity and functions. Could the world of Tradition be the spokesperson for a supplication or rethinking? In conclusion: with all the problems of the Church today, would that intervention be necessary? NOT, FOR SURE! We are incredulous and seriousy worried.
Malleureusement, des sources fiables nous disent de nombreux endroits et plusieurs jours que le pape a décidé de supprimer the Pontifical Commission Ecclesia Dei, here in a très court laps de temps (semble être au début de l'année ou en janvier) dans la Congrégation pour la Doctrine de la Foi (CDF), dont elle faisait déjà partie, maize avec sa propre identité et ses propres fonctions. The worlds of the Tradition pourrait-the être the porte-parole d'une supplication ou d'une nouvelle réflexion? En conclusion: avec tous les problèmes de l'Église aujourd'hui (nous évitons de tirer en matière de pédérastie, de vol, de fornication avec des hommes et des femmes, etc.), une telle intervention serait-elle nécessaire? PAS DU TOUT! Nous sommes incrédules et sérieusement inquiets.