Clock of Passion Beginning Thursday Through to Good Friday

Admin

Administrator
Members and Guests are invited to keep night watch with Cor Mariae from 9pm. Holy Thursday through to 9am. Good Friday.

The Clock of the Passion

(Our Intention is for the Priesthood to be united in Christ the Priest)

(Please allow time for pictures to gradually unfold)

5pm. to 7pm Jesus, having taken leave of Mary, celebrates His Last Supper.

“Who the day before He suffered, took bread into His holy and venerable hands. And with His eyes lifted up to heaven to Thee, God, His Almighty Father, giving thanks to Thee He blessed , broke and gave it to His disciples, saying: ‘Take ye and eat ye all of this, FOR THIS IS MY BODY.

[....]
First Insertion: (8pm)
Open my mouth O Lord to bless thy Holy Name. Cleanse also my heart from all vain evil and distracting thoughts, enlighten my understanding, inflame my will that I may worthily pray with attention and devotion and deserve to be heard in the presence thy Divine Majesty.
We pray as members of the Mystical Body of Christ, so that meditating on these Scripture passages each one of us is united as a family with a singular intention of penitential sorrow for sin; thanksgiving for the grace pouring into us this very moment; transforming and redeeming us right now; strengthening our faith; praying for one another, so if you cannot pray for yourself then others are praying for you; seeking the gift of true charity that we may love one another as He has loved us; remembering that only in this Mystical Body of Christ we receive directly the merits of the saints and martyrs so that what we cannot obtain ourselves may be obtained through their intercession. We, as members of the Mystical Body - The Church have the sole power of praying for our loved ones who have died and whom we aid in shortening their time in Purgatory. Deo gratias!

[12] - we shall find nothing more noble, more sublime, or more divine than the expression "the Mystical Body of Christ" - an expression which springs from and is, as it were, the fair flowering of the repeated teaching of the Sacred Scriptures and the Holy Fathers.

14. That the Church is a body is frequently asserted in the Sacred Scriptures. "Christ," says the Apostle, "is the Head of the Body of the Church."[13] If the Church is a body, it must be an unbroken unity, according to those words of Paul: "Though many we are one body in Christ."[14] But it is not enough that the Body of the Church should be an unbroken unity; it must also be something definite and perceptible to the senses as Our predecessor of happy memory, Leo XIII, in his Encyclical Satis Cognitum asserts: "the Church is visible because she is a body.[15] Hence they err in a matter of divine truth, who imagine the Church to be invisible, intangible, a something merely "pneumatological" as they say, by which many Christian communities, though they differ from each other in their profession of faith, are untied by an invisible bond.

15. But a body calls also for a multiplicity of members, which are linked together in such a way as to help one another. And as in the body when one member suffers, all the other members share its pain, and the healthy members come to the assistance of the ailing, so in the Church the individual members do not live for themselves alone, but also help their fellows, and all work in mutual collaboration for the common comfort and for the more perfect building up of the whole Body.

16. Again, as in nature a body is not formed by any haphazard grouping of members but must be constituted of organs, that is of members, that have not the same function and are arranged in due order; so for this reason above all the Church is called a body, that it is constituted by the coalescence of structurally untied parts, and that it has a variety of members reciprocally dependent. It is thus the Apostle describes the Church when he writes: "As in one body we have many members, but all the members have not the same office: so we being many are one body in Christ, and everyone members one of another."

Extract : Mistici Corporis Christi

Read more: Mystical Body of Christ
End of first insertion

Take and drink ye all of this, FOR THIS IS THE CHALICE OF MY BLOOD, OF THE NEW AND ETERNAL TESTAMENT: THE MYSTERY OF FAITH: WHICH SHALL BE SHED FOR YOU AND FOR MANY UNTO THE REMISSION OF SINS. As often as you shall do these things, ye shall do them in remembrance of Me.”

8pm. Jesus washes the feet of the apostles, and institutes the Most Holy Sacrament.

He riseth from supper, and layeth aside his garments, and having taken a towel, girded himself. After that, he putteth water into a basin, and began to wash the feet of the disciples, and to wipe them with the towel wherewith he was girded. St. John : 13: 4-5

Holy Thursday

What to do on Sundays When No Priest

9pm. Discourse of Jesus: He goes to the Garden of Olives.

10pm. Prayer of Jesus in the Garden

Then Jesus came with them into a country place which is called Gethsemani; and he said to his disciples: Sit you here, till I go yonder and pray. And taking with him Peter and the two sons of Zebedee, he began to grow sorrowful and to be sad. Then he saith to them: My soul is sorrowful even unto death: stay you here, and watch with me. And going a little further, he fell upon his face, praying, and saying: My Father, if it be possible, let this chalice pass from me. Nevertheless not as I will, but as thou wilt. And he cometh to his disciples, and findeth them asleep, and he saith to Peter: What? Could you not watch one hour with me? (Matt: 26: 36-39)

Second Insertion (9pm.)

It was here in the Garden that Our Lord suffered for each one of our souls as if we were the only person(s) for whom He died. Being infinite he paid the price for each one of us. He suffered the punishment for Adam's Original and personal Sin thus freeing us from inheriting that state (through Baptism). We receive forgiveness of our personal sins in the Sacrament of Confession. His visible physical horrifying sufferings were but the outward witness to his interior sufferings where He sweated blood. Imagine the suffering of our Lord suffering the punishment of taking on the sins of each created person beginning with Adam and Eve and down to our present time. That's not to say everyone is redeemed, because alas, too many refuse to accept His redemptive mercy in which case the cross of Our Lord becomes the sword of judgement and eternal damnation.

From now on? The door is closing for Mercy to be received as the the Sacraments are becoming less and less available with the crisis of the Priesthood. God seems to be providing priests here and there for the few faithful souls that remain. Our beloved Archbishop Lefebvre succeeded in preserving the priesthood and the Sacraments for the remnant of priests and faithful that remain.

To such priests Cor Mariae, through the intercession of our Blessed Mother, is dedicated.

First decade of the Rosary : The Agony in the Garden

End of second insertion

11pm. Agony. Midnight The sweating of Blood.

Third insertion
(11pm.)

Look down, we beseech thee, O Lord, upon this thy family: for which our Lord Jesus Christ hesitated not to be delivered up into the hands of wicked men and to undergo the torment of the Cross (Prayer from Breviary)

Receiving no mercy throughout Thy suffering the penalties of our sins dear Lord Thou didst impart to thy glorious martyrs, through the power of the Holy Spirit, the mercy of knowledge and fortitude uniting with Thee Who suffered alone.

And I looked for one that would grieve together with me, but there was none: and for one that would comfort me, and I found none (PS.69 :20)

End of third Insertion

Last edited:

Admin

Administrator
1am. Jesus is betrayed by Judas, and is bound.

Fourth Insertion (1am.)

Christ betrayed again:

“Rome has lost the Faith, my dear friends. Rome is in apostasy. These are not words in the air. It is the truth. Rome is in apostasy… They have left the Church… This is sure, sure, sure.” (Archbishop Lefebvre, Retreat Conference, September 4, 1987)

“In the Church there is no law or jurisdiction which can impose on a Christian the diminution of his faith. All the faithful can and should resist what interferes with their faith… If they are faced with an order putting their faith in danger of corruption, there is an overriding duty to disobey… It is because we judge that our faith is endangered by the post-conciliar reforms and tendencies, that we have the duty to disobey and keep Tradition. Let us add this, that the greatest service we can render to the Church and to the successor of Peter is to reject the reformed and liberal church… I am not of that religion, I do not accept that new religion. It is a liberal, modernist religion. Christians are divided… priests no longer know what to do; either they obey blindly what their superiors impose on them, and lose to some degree the faith, or they resist, but with the feeling of separating themselves from the Pope. Two religions confront each other; we are in a dramatic situation, it is impossible to avoid a choice.” Open Letter to Confused Catholics

“The See of Peter and the posts of authority in Rome are being occupied by anti-Christs, the destruction of the Kingdom of Our Lord is being rapidly carried out even in His Mystical Body here below… This is what has brought down upon our hearts persecution by the Rome of the anti-Christs. This Rome, Modernist and Liberal, is carrying on its work on the destruction of the Kingdom of Our Lord, as Assisi and the confirmation of the liberal theses of Vatican on Religious Liberty prove…” (Archbishop Lefebvre, Letter to the future Bishops, Aug 29, 1987)

End of fourth insertion

upload_2017-4-12_23-3-26.png

When Jesus had said these things, he went forth with his disciples over the brook Cedron, where there was a garden, into which he entered with his disciples. And Judas also, who betrayed him, knew the place; because Jesus had often resorted thither together with his disciples. Judas therefore having received a band of soldiers and servants from the chief priests and the Pharisees, cometh thither with lanterns and torches and weapons. Jesus therefore, knowing all things that should come upon him, went forth, and said to them: Whom seek ye? They answered him: Jesus of Nazareth. Jesus saith to them: I am he. And Judas also, who betrayed him, stood with them.

As soon therefore as he had said to them: I am he; they went backward, and fell to the ground. Again therefore he asked them: Whom seek ye? And they said, Jesus of Nazareth. Jesus answered, I have told you that I am he. If therefore you seek me, let these go their way. That the word might be fulfilled which he said: Of them whom thou hast given me, I have not lost any one. Then Simon Peter, having a sword, drew it, and struck the servant of the high priest, and cut off his right ear. And the name of the servant was Malchus.

Jesus therefore said to Peter: Put up thy sword into the scabbard. The chalice which my Father hath given me, shall I not drink it? Then the band and the tribune, and the servants of the Jews, took Jesus, and bound him: And they led him away to Annas first, for he was father in law to Caiphas, who was the high priest of that year. Now Caiphas was he who had given the counsel to the Jews: That it was expedient that one man should die for the people. And Simon Peter followed Jesus, and so did another disciple. And that disciple was known to the high priest, and went in with Jesus into the court of the high priest.

John : 18 : 1-15

2am. Jesus is led before Annas. 3am. Jesus is taken before Caiphas, and receives a blow in the Face.

The high priest therefore asked Jesus of his disciples, and of his doctrine. Jesus answered him: I have spoken openly to the world: I have always taught in the synagogue, and in the temple, whither all the Jews resort; and in secret I have spoken nothing.

Why asketh thou me? ask them who have heard what I have spoken unto them: behold they know what things I have said. And when he had said these things, one of the servants standing by, gave Jesus a blow, saying: Answerest thou the high priest so? Jesus answered him: If I have spoken evil, give testimony of the evil; but if well, why strikest thou me? And Annas sent him bound to Caiphas the high priest.

John : 18 : 19-24

Fifth Insertion
(3am.)
[1] Blessed is the man who hath not walked in the counsel of the ungodly, nor stood in the way of sinners, nor sat in the chair of pestilence. [2] But his will is in the law of the Lord, and on his law he shall meditate day and night. [3] And he shall be like a tree which is planted near the running waters, which shall bring forth its fruit, in due season. And his leaf shall not fall off: and all whatsoever he shall do shall prosper. [4] Not so the wicked, not so: but like the dust, which the wind driveth from the face of the earth. [5] Therefore the wicked shall not rise again in judgment: nor sinners in the council of the just.

[6] For the Lord knoweth the way of the just: and the way of the wicked shall perish. (Ps 1)
End of 5th insertion

4am. Jesus is blindfolded, struck, and scoffed at. 5am. Jesus is led to the council, and declared guilty of death. 6am. Jesus is taken to Pilate, and accused. 7am. Jesus is mocked by Herod.

But Pilate hearing Galilee, asked if the man were of Galilee? And when he understood that he was of Herod' s jurisdiction, he sent him away to Herod, who was also himself at Jerusalem, in those days. And Herod, seeing Jesus, was very glad; for he was desirous of a long time to see him, because he had heard many things of him; and he hoped to see some sign wrought by him. And he questioned him in many words. But he answered him nothing. And the chief priests and the scribes stood by, earnestly accusing him.

And Herod with his army set him at nought, and mocked him, putting on him a white garment, and sent him back to Pilate.

Mark 23 : 6-11

8am. Jesus is conducted to Pilate, and Barabbas is preferred to Him.

I will chastise him therefore, and release him. Now of necessity he was to release unto them one upon the feast day. But the whole multitude together cried out, saying: Away with this man, and release unto us Barabbas: Who, for a certain sedition made in the city, and for a murder, was cast into prison. And Pilate again spoke to them, desiring to release Jesus.

But they cried again, saying: Crucify him, crucify him. And he said to them the third time: Why, what evil hath this man done? I find no cause of death in him. I will chastise him therefore, and let him go. But they were instant with loud voices, requiring that he might be crucified; and their voices prevailed. And Pilate gave sentence that it should be as they required. And he released unto them him who for murder and sedition, had been cast into prison, whom they had desired; but Jesus he delivered up to their will.

Luke 23 : 16-25

Sixth Insertion
Second Decade of the Rosary : The Scourging at the Pillar

"Then therefore, Pilate took Jesus, and scourged him" (John 19:1). Forty lashes,

It was commonly believed, were all that a man could stand before his body would give out; and so 39 lashes was the gravest punishment that could be imposed, short of death. But the Man standing at this pillar, arms embracing His Destiny, hands bound on the other side, is no ordinary man. As the Son of God, Christ suffers each blow not less than another man would, but more, because each stinging lash is accompanied by the memory of the sins of mankind, which led to this moment.

How Christ's Sacred Heart aches as He sees your sins and mine, flashing like the glint of the rising sun off the metal ends of the cat o' nine tails. The pains in His Flesh, as intense as they are, pale in comparison with the pain in His Sacred Heart.

Christ stands prepared to die for us, to suffer the agony of the Cross, yet we continue to sin out of love of our own flesh. Gluttony, lust, sloth: These deadly sins arise from the flesh, but they take hold only when our souls give in to them. But we can mortify our senses and tame our flesh if we keep Christ's Scourging at the Pillar before our eyes, as our sins are before His in this moment.
End of sixth insertion

9am. Jesus is scourged at the pillar.

Then therefore, Pilate took Jesus, and scourged him. And the soldiers platting a crown of thorns, put it upon his head; and they put on him a purple garment. And they came to him, and said: Hail, king of the Jews; and they gave him blows. Pilate therefore went forth again, and saith to them: Behold, I bring him forth unto you, that you may know that I find no cause in him. (Jesus therefore came forth, bearing the crown of thorns and the purple garment.) And he saith to them: Behold the Man.

Seventh Insertion

Third Decade of the Rosary " The Crowning of Thorns

THE "GOLDEN ARROW" PRAYER

dictated by Our Lord to Sister Mary of St. Peter

May the most holy, most sacred, most adorable, most incomprehensible and unutterable Name of God be always praised, blessed, loved, adored and glorified, in Heaven, on earth, and under the earth, by all the creatures of God, and by the Sacred Heart of Our Lord Jesus Christ in the Most Holy Sacrament of the Altar. Amen.
End of seventh insertion

10am.
Jesus is crowned with thorns, and exhibited to the people.

11am. Jesus is condemned to death, and goes to Calvary.

Then therefore he delivered him to them to be crucified. And they took Jesus, and led him forth. And bearing his own cross, he went forth to that place which is called Calvary, but in Hebrew Golgotha. Where they crucified him, and with him two others, one on each side, and Jesus in the midst. John 19 : 16-18

John : Chapter 19 : 16-18

Eighth Insertion

Fourth Decade of the Rosary : The Carrying of the Cross
"But Jesus turning to them, said: Daughters of Jerusalem, weep not over me; but weep for yourselves, and for your children" (Luke 23:28). His sacred feet shuffle through the dust and stone of the streets of Jerusalem, His body bowed under the weight of the Cross, while Christ walks the longest walk ever made by man. At the end of that walk stands Mount Calvary, Golgotha, the place of skulls, where, tradition says, Adam lies buried. The first man's sin, which brought death into the world, draws the New Man to His Death, which will bring life to the world.
The women of Jerusalem weep for Him, because they do not know how the story will end. But Christ knows, and He urges them not to weep. There will be tears enough to cry in the future, when the final days of the earth approach, for when the Son of Man returns, "shall he find, think you, faith on earth?" (Luke 18:8).

Christ knows what awaits Him, yet He moves ever forward. This is the walk He was preparing for 33 years earlier, when the Blessed Virgin held His tiny hands and He took His first steps. His entire life has been marked by the patient acceptance of His Father's Will, the slow but steady climb toward Jerusalem, toward Calvary, toward the death that brings us life.

And as He passes before us here on the streets of Jerusalem, we see how patiently He bears His Cross, so much heavier than ours because it bears the sins of the entire world, and we wonder at our own impatience, at how quickly we set aside our own cross each time we fall. "If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me" (Matthew 16:24). In patience, let us heed His words.
End of 8th Insertion
Perfect Contrition

Midday Jesus is stripped and crucified.

In like manner also the chief priests, with the scribes and ancients, mocking, said: He saved others; himself he cannot save. If he be the king of Israel, let him now come down from the cross, and we will believe him. He trusted in God; let him now deliver him if he will have him; for he said: I am the Son of God. And the selfsame thing the thieves also, that were crucified with him, reproached him with. Now from the sixth hour there was darkness over the whole earth, until the ninth hour.
Matthew: 27 : 41-45

1pm. Jesus prays for His murderers.

And Jesus said: Father, forgive them, for they know not what they do. But they, dividing his garments, cast lots.

Luke : 23 : 34

2pm. Jesus recommends His Spirit to His Father.

And Jesus crying out with a loud voice, said: Father, into thy hands I commend my spirit. And saying this, he gave up the ghost.

Luke 23:46

3pm. Jesus dies.

And about the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying: Eli, Eli, lamma sabacthani? that is, My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me? And some that stood there and heard, said: This man calleth Elias. And immediately one of them running took a sponge, and filled it with vinegar; and put it on a reed, and gave him to drink. And the others said: Let be, let us see whether Elias will come to deliver him. And Jesus again crying with a loud voice, yielded up the ghost.

Matthew: 27 : 46-50

Ninth Insertion
Fifth Decade of the Rosary : The Crucifixion

"Father, forgive them, for they know not what they do" (Luke 23:34). The Way of the Cross is at an end. Christ, the King of the Universe and the Savior of the world, hangs bruised and bloodied upon the Cross. But the indignities that He has suffered since His betrayal at the hands of Judas are not yet at an end. Even now, as His Sacred Blood works the salvation of the world, the crowd taunts Him in His agony.

And they that passed by, blasphemed him, wagging their heads, And saying: Vah, thou that destroyest the temple of God, and in three days dost rebuild it: save thy own self: if thou be the Son of God, come down from the cross. In like manner also the chief priests, with the scribes and ancients, mocking, said: He saved others; himself he cannot save. If he be the king of Israel, let him now come down from the cross, and we will believe him. He trusted in God; let him now deliver him if he will have him; for he said: I am the Son of God. And the selfsame thing the thieves also, that were crucified with him, reproached him with. (Matthew 27:39-44):

He is dying for their sins, and for ours, and yet they—and we—cannot see it. Their eyes are blinded by hatred; ours, by the attractions of the world. Their gaze is fixed on the Lover of Mankind, but they cannot get past the dirt and the sweat and the blood that stains His body. They have something of an excuse: They do not know how the story will end. Our gaze, however, too often wanders away from the Cross, and we have no excuse. We know what He has done, and that He has done it for us. We know that His Death has brought us new life, if only we unite ourselves to Christ on the Cross. And yet, day after day, we turn away.

And still He looks down from the Cross, on them and on us, not in anger but in compassion: "Father, forgive them." Were sweeter words ever spoken? If He can forgive them, and us, for what we have done, how can we ever withhold forgiveness from those who have done us wrong?
End of Ninth Insertion

4pm. Jesus is pierced with a lance.

But one of the soldiers with a spear opened his side, and immediately there came out blood and water.
John 19:34
5pm. Jesus is taken down from the Cross, and delivered over to His Mother.

6pm. Jesus is buried and left in the sepulchre.

And behold the veil of the temple was rent in two from the top even to the bottom, and the earth quaked, and the rocks were rent. And the graves were opened: and many bodies of the saints that had slept arose, And coming out of the tombs after his resurrection, came into the holy city, and appeared to many. Now the centurion and they that were with him watching Jesus, having seen the earthquake, and the things that were done, were sore afraid, saying: Indeed this was the Son of God. And there were there many women afar off, who had followed Jesus from Galilee, ministering unto him:

Among whom was Mary Magdalen, and Mary the mother of James and Joseph, and the mother of the sons of Zebedee. And when it was evening, there came a certain rich man of Arimathea, named Joseph, who also himself was a disciple of Jesus. He went to Pilate, and asked the body of Jesus. Then Pilate commanded that the body should be delivered. And Joseph taking the body, wrapped it up in a clean linen cloth. And laid it in his own new monument, which he had hewed out in a rock. And he rolled a great stone to the door of the monument, and went his way.

Matthew: 27: 51-60

Church of the Holy Sepulchre

Attachments

Last edited: