ADORATION, FOURTH FRIDAY OF AUGUST 2022

Admin

Administrator
IN REPARATION FOR THE SINS COMMITTED AGAINST THE SACRED HEART OF JESUS AND THE IMMACULATE HEART OF MARY & FOR THE CONSECRATION OF RUSSIA TO THE IMMACULATE HEART OF MARY AS REQUESTED BY OUR LADY AT FATIMA

In August we honour the Immaculate Heart of Mary and Her glorious Assumption. We may wish to renew our Consecration to Our Lady.

Act of Consecration to the Immaculate Heart of Mary

(St. Louis de Montfort's Consecration)

"I, N., a faithless sinner - renew and ratify today in Thy hands, O Immaculate Mother, the vows of my Baptism: I renounce forever Satan, his pomps and works; and I give myself entirely to Jesus Christ, the Incarnate Wisdom, to carry my cross after Him all the days of my life, and to be more faithful to Him than I have ever been before."
"In the presence of all the heavenly court I choose Thee this day for my Mother and Mistress. I deliver and consecrate to Thee, as Thy slave, my body and soul, my goods, both interior and exterior, and even the value of all my good actions, past, present and future; leaving to Thee the entire and full right of disposing of me, and all that belongs to me, without exception, according to Thy good pleasure, for the greater glory of God, in time and in eternity Amen."

Time slot not filled this week is 6pm - 7pm Friday night. This time is now permanently vacant at the moment.

Please pray for one of our "kneelers" who is very ill and in palliative care.

God Bless
Rebecca

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
MEDITATION FOR THE FOURTH FRIDAY OF AUGUST

(taken from “The Devotion to the Sacred Heart” by Fr. John Croiset, S.J)

“But he answered him nothing...And Herod with his army set him at nought; and mocked him, putting on him a white garment, and sent him back to Pilate.” (Luke 23:9-11).

How heroic is this patience, how amiable this meekness, how admirable this silence! How eloquent it is, and what good lessons it has for us! But, my God, these great virtues which alone are proofs of His Divinity, and which should have gained Him the veneration and love of all have brought Him nothing but contempt! Have not Thy prodigious patience in the Blessed Sacrament, O my Jesus, and Thy admirable silence at the sight of the outrages Thou doest there suffer, a similar effect? If the least act of irreverence, if unworthy Communions were immediately punished, people would not be so wanting in modesty and reverence. But, this Divine Saviour who has punished so rigorously, even in this life, the least insults done to His servants, suffers without a word the contempt offered to His adorable Person in this Mystery; and He prefers to expose Himself to the outrages of sinners rather than drive the just away from the altar rails by inspiring them with fear. O my God, what beautiful lessons this silence of Jesus Christ in the Blessed Eucharist teaches us!