A Chinese Catholic asking for help

I am Paul, a Chinese Catholic daddy of three children, looking for a traditional Catholic school in Canada. I know that there are three schools under SSPX administration in Canada, but I worry about the neo-SSPX trend in those schools education. I am not able to get more detailed information toward the neo-trend in Canada because I am a foreigner. So, would you brothers and sisters please give me some recommendations on which schools offer the most authentic Catholic education in Canada. Do I have more options besides the three SSPX schools?
Thanks and God bless.

unbrandable

Hi Paul,
The SSPX school in Levis, Quebec is very liberal (I don't think you'll find worse in North America).
Fr. Berteaux, the head priest of the school, refers to the Tridentine Mass as the "extraordinary" rite.
Fr. Couture, the District Superior of Canada, wants to join Rome and is brainwashing everyone in Canada.

Scarlet Pimpernel

Welcome Paul.
Homeschooling is a great option. There are many tried and true programs with good, solid Catholic material.
Have you considered that at all?

Admin

Administrator
Welcome Paul.
Homeschooling is a great option. There are many tried and true programs with good, solid Catholic material.
I think some parent/members of Cor Mariae have some good homeschooling material that they can recommend(?)

Hi Paul,
The SSPX school in Levis, Quebec is very liberal (I don't think you'll find worse in North America).
Fr. Berteaux, the head priest of the school, refers to the Tridentine Mass as the "extraordinary" rite.
Fr. Couture, the District Superior of Canada, wants to join Rome and is brainwashing everyone in Canada.
Oh, I am shocked for hearing this. What I intend to find is conservative and authentic Catholic education. So how about the other two schools are in English-speaking province? One is in Ontario and the other is in Calgary.

Welcome Paul.
Hi, thanks for your advice. However, homeschooling is not suitable for my case. As a Chinese Catholic, religious life in China is not as easy as in others. The first reason is lack of true Churchs and priests. Chinese communist party produced a fake Church upon our faithful and the real priests go down underground. The second reason is my capability of educating catechism to my children.

Deus Vult

Dear pual.zhang,
Our faith teaches:
Hence, in general, parents may not with a safe conscience send their children to non-Catholic schools, whether these be sectarian or secularist. This statement admits of exception in the instance where there are grave reasons for permitting Catholic children to frequent these schools, and where such dangers as may exist for their faith or morals are by fitting means either neutralized or rendered remote. The judge in such cases, both of the sufficiency of the reasons alleged as well as of the kind of measure to be employed to encounter successfully whatever risks there are, is, in the United States the bishop of each diocese. The attendance at non-Catholic schools by Catholic children is something which, for weighty motives and with due safeguards, can be tolerated, not approved. In any case parents must carefully provide for the child's religious instruction. further definition: http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/11478c.htm

Circumstances in life show us God's will in all things. In your case and all of us as well as far as educating, homeschooling is the only option unless you can afford to bring in tutors to do it for you. Unfortunately as you know, not all Catholic schools are fully Catholic. If you know communist ways, then you must realize that the first way to change the minds of complete generations is thru the schools, beginning with elementary level. Catholic schools are no different. Some in the schools (yes, sspx included) are liberal minded and some are simply ignorant and blindly teach whatever administration or superiors tell them.
This is no different in the sspx throughout the world. Some of the teachers are highly educated and are very liberal minded. Archbishop Lefebvre himself told and warned us that in this day and age we are all swimming in liberalism and often don't recognize it.
Other teachers in the schools are right out of highschool with no teaching experience or teaching knowledge. They simply teach whatever is put in front of them with no knowledge of whether it is true Catholic teaching or not. One example I will give is evolution. There are many Catholic schools that teach or introduce this. Some teach creationism along with evolution saying that both are theories and neither one can be proven above the other.
As in the case of ABL, he admitted himself so long ago that he did not know that separation of Church and state was wrong until he went to the seminary. So you see liberal thinking is world wide and has infected nearly everything for a very, very long time.
As a parent you are given the grace to educate your children. That does not mean a guarantee with a high knowledge. As a matter of fact, most of us wish we did not need to homeschool but only do it of necessity. Also, in the course of teaching our children, most of us have come to learn our faith in the true sense. I know this as fact from so many. We learn best from teaching.
For thousands of years, people have known that the best way to understand a concept is to explain it to someone else. “While we teach, we learn,” said the Roman philosopher Seneca.
The majority of traditional Catholics have come from the Novus Ordo knowing very little of the faith. So through teaching the catechism to the children we have educated ourselves as well.
As for the academics especially at the elementary level, you don't need a degree to teach elementary math for example. If the children are of higher grade level, then instead of paying to go to a private school, it is possible to find people to tudor your children. Retired professionals or college students are good ones to search for.
Pual, simply know there is no one who cares for the well being of your children more than you.
It's just the way it is. Teachers may love children yes, but remember they teach for a pay check. Take away the pay check and who will be left?
I think of it like day care. Yes there are day care providers who love children, but who loves your children more, you or a child care provider?
I'm trying to answer this briefly. I'm sure others can add but you can see what I mean that it is Divine Providence that allows the situation in the world today as it is. As Catholics we should accept and embrace God's will and do the best we can. God doesn't ask more than that.

Last edited:

unbrandable

Oh, I am shocked for hearing this. What I intend to find is conservative and authentic Catholic education. So how about the other two schools are in English-speaking province? One is in Ontario and the other is in Calgary.
I don’t know what the schools in Ontario and Calgary are like, but one thing that is certainly noticeable is that those who keep attending SSPX chapels, schools, seminaries, etc. are slowly getting “slow-boiled” about joining Rome through brainwashing propaganda. So it's dangerous to send your kids to a SSPX school.

Admin

Administrator
The first reason is lack of true Churchs and priests. Chinese communist party produced a fake Church upon our faithful and the real priests go down underground.
It is the very same in Western countries Paul. Make no mistake about it. There is lack of true Churches, priests and shepherds. Modernists have produced a fake Church upon all the faithful and real priests are openly persecuted by fellow catholic priests and laity. Unlike the great Chinese martyrs of our day we have caved in without loss of blood. We just want to go with the flow and have sold out our heritage for a pittance - like Judas.

Footnote from linked article:
No martyrdom in the western world forcing Bishops to deny the faith - they do it willingly. Admin

upload_2018-1-8_10-54-21.png

Last edited:

Deus Vult

For all Catholics we have choices to make.
Do we want to be educated for the world or do we want to be educated in the knowledge of God?
Listen here beginning @ about 18 mins. for at least the next 12 minutes:

Dear brothers and sisters in Christ above,
I am very grateful and appreciated for your kindness,introduction and replies. It seems that what is happening in SSPX schools is worse than I thought. Let me explain the situation of underground Church in China today which has collapsed almost since Francis. Most of underground priests accepted the post-VII doctrine and joined the state-run Church.They prayed for CCP ,Chinese Communist Party, in mass. It is intolerable for our faithful remnants.
Besides this, education given by state-run schools is poor quality and poisonous. Official textbooks published are full of falsehood and extreme humanism stories derived from liberalism. There are nonstate-run schools allowed by CCP in China, but CCP mandated all schools in China teaching the official textbooks.
So each one in China, whether Catholic or not, is effectively influenced by the daily brainwashing of CCP. The Chinese social environment is full of atheism, materialism, communism, blinded patriotism, humanism, extreme nationalism, superstition, etc. I was born in a communist party family and all of my family members are communists except me. I attended communist school and received so much poisonous education when I was 36, I was reborn in God' grace. I always thank God for having so much grace for taking me to HIM.
I tried to preach our Catholic faith to my family but failed. I don't want my three children to live in such bad environment because I am not confident about their spiritual growth path will be under safeguard in such circumstance.
I have not many options to choose, escaping China and educating them aboard is what I try my best to.
So, if SSPX schools are the most authentic and conservative in Canada, it will be worthy to try. Maybe CMRI schools are the closest models to pre-VII education, although sedevacantism is hard to receive.

Last edited:

Deus Vult

Pual have you ever heard of Rose Hu? She too was from China. As a teenager she desired to become Catholic, the only one in her family. Searching for a book she wrote I found it on a homeschooling website, Our Lady of Victory. It’s a very good book.
This is the book: https://www.olvs.org/shopcart/InvDtl.aspx?InvId=17335&GrdId=&InvCatId=

It is also available in pdf online. This is one chapter:
http://www.sspxasia.com/Newsletters/2010/apostle24-Joy_in_Suffering.pdf
I didn't hear about her. She is a peer of my parent. She escaped from China when I was in elementary school. :)

Pual have you ever heard of Rose Hu? She too was from China. As a teenager she desired to become Catholic, the only one in her family. Searching for a book she wrote I found it on a homeschooling website, Our Lady of Victory. It’s a very good book.
This is the book: https://www.olvs.org/shopcart/InvDtl.aspx?InvId=17335&GrdId=&InvCatId=

It is also available in pdf online. This is one chapter:
http://www.sspxasia.com/Newsletters/2010/apostle24-Joy_in_Suffering.pdf
I have bought kindergarten textbooks from this homeschooling website via international post. I give up the idea of homeschooling after reading the books received. I am not qualified to teach English with limited capacity.

Admin

Administrator
I have bought kindergarten textbooks from this homeschooling website via international post. I give up the idea of homeschooling after reading the books received. I am not qualified to teach English with limited capacity.
Can anybody provide a list of homeschooling families in Canada? Perhaps Paul would consider joining up with one(?)

Cor-Mariae would be interested in publishing links to recommended Home Schooling families throughout the world. Members are invited to contribute locations for publication.

Can anybody provide a list of homeschooling families in Canada? Perhaps Paul would consider joining up with one(?)

Cor-Mariae would be interested in publishing links to recommended Home Schooling families throughout the world. Members are invited to contribute locations for publication.

Homeschooling in Canada is not suitable for foreigner children holding study visa. They have to attend a school obeying legitimate requirement, otherwise they will be require to leave Canada.